You Need to Know: You’re Doing Just Fine. – http://johnpavlovitz.com/2016/03/30/youre-doing-fine/
A self-motivated kid is unstoppable. His dreams are limitless; he can be a pilot on Monday, an artist on Tuesday, a doctor on Wednesday, a daddy on Thursday, an Engineer on Friday…. and the cycle goes on.
This enthusiasm makes them eager and more persistent to take on challenging tasks.
Parents have a tremendous impact on children’s desire to dream big and learn.
How You Can Help
1) Expand on what the child is learning, seeing or doing.
– If they are reading a story book reluctuntantly ask them who their best character is and why. If you ask with interest without making it seem like an interview, you will be amazed at how much they share.
2) Help them feel competent.
– Build on their competence as a self motivator. Nothing motivates children more than knowing that they can figure out something new. They just cant wait to try it again unlike situations where things are done for them.
3) Use encouragement instead of praise.
– Children know when they are competent at simple tasks like tying their shoes but as they grow older they need more feedback to develop their skills
– Be specific with your acknowledgement. Point out what they have achieved. This is more encouraging than a general well done.
– Give them an opportunity to demostrate what they have learned if they want to. This also helps create conversation.
4) Help them when they are discouraged
– No matter how much you encourage your children they are bound to feel incompetent or, discouraged from time to time. Sometimes its because they don’t recognise their role in the success. They may say “i got lucky, the teacher did it.. ”
Its up to you to remind them that they kept trying even when they were tired.
5) Avoid saying “That’s Easy”
– If you are struggling with a task and someone says thats easy you feel stupid and incompetent
6) Model enthusiasm for learning.
– Enthusiasm for learning is contagious, children can pick it from you. Reading a book or magazine for pleasure sends a message that reading can be fun instead of a routine.
7) Give children some control over their work
– Sometimes we are eager for our children to learn and do well in school that we control the way they approach certain tasks. (Especially if the child isn’t doing very well)
Children begin to internalize good study habits if they are give control of their work
CC: Kathy Seal
After you have told God all that is wearing you down, STAND!! There is no need to assume a Kung fu posture every time you go to the Lord in prayer. We serve a God who listens.
If Monday to Friday your conversation with God constitutes of “Lord you see my enemies, Lord Fight them, I rebuke, I cancel…. then all you dwell on is reminding yourself how big your problem is while forgeting how BIG your God is.
Have your Hannah moment, rant as long and loud as you can, just let it all out out. Tell God about all the Peninas mocking you, share how angry, tired and exhausted you are and after that STAND and your Samuel will be birthed.
“Hannah was in deep anguish, crying bitterly as she prayed to theLord……
As she was praying to the Lord, Eli watched her. 13 Seeing her lips moving but hearing no sound, he thought she had been drinking.14 “Must you come here drunk?” he demanded. “Throw away your wine!”15 “Oh no, sir!” she replied. “I haven’t been drinking wine or anything stronger. But I am very discouraged, and I was pouring out my heart to the Lord…..
“In that case,” Eli said, “go in peace! May the God of Israel grant the request you have asked of him.”18 “Oh, thank you, sir!” she exclaimed. Then she went back and began to eat again, and she was no longer sad”
1Samuel 1:9 – 28
The Lord has promised to fight for us. There is no need for us to join in the fight. Its not our war. Its His!!! Several times in the bible He tells His people to just stand and see His salvation. Psalms 46:10, 2Chronicles 20:17, Exodus 14:13 and in all these times He comes through.
Take off time to praise Him, dwell on His goodness, sit back and enjoy spoils of a war you have not fought. Our God is mighty in battle, He doesn’t need your help or constant reminder
Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around.
You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more.
You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement.
They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful.
There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are.
The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again.
Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face.
In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you.
You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible.
You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end.
Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.